1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee: Journalism is dead

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by budcrew08, Sep 14, 2009.

1. GRUDGE

GRUDGE Member

As a liberal I am shocked at how the media has rolled over and played dead. I support Obama but they don't question him and act like the Fox News right. They did this to themselves.

2. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Obama is a sacred cow. You question him about anything and you get a torrential downpour of racism charges dumped on you. So much for civil discourse.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You say this like it's news.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

You must have been asleep during the campaign. Good morning, Rip!

The Rev. Wright crap was addressed over and over.

5. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Isn't he indicting himself too? I mean, according to Hannity, Fox Noise hosts are journalists and all. And the Huckster has his own show there, sooo ... He must be part of the problem.

Just another hypocrite. When he gets his ill-fated presidential campaign going again, he'll be jerking off any reporter who'll give him an audience.

6. Examples please?

7. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The Times' response was it happened on a Labor Day weekend and they were short-handed.

This ought to alert every neo-con newspaper CEO as to what this is doing to their credibility when they cut costs and reward bonuses to board members. Bonuses for what?

8. spud

spud Member

If journalism really were dead, which it's not, Huckabee had a hand in killing it.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What's that line about both sides hating you then you're doing something right?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Knew that was coming.

'Course, I wouldn't wish being Gloria Vanderbilt's son on any male on earth.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Whaadya mean? I was talking about the X! :D

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Where is Al Gore, the great newspaper executive, in the struggle of newspapers today?

Draft saved Draft deleted