1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee Goes After Natalie Portman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You know, I was just starting to warm to the squirrel eater before this week. And then he takes all that Huckmentum and drives straight to Crazyland.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm saying leave it the hell alone entirely instead of trying to somehow make her responsible for other unwed mothers, which is just idiotic. Again, he's not looking out for the children of unwed mothers. He's pushing his morals on other people.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I am not a Huckabee fan, mainly because he is responsible for letting a man out of prison who went on to kill four police officers in Lakewood, Wa.

4. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

So is your avatar meant to be sarcastic, then?

I hope it is. I've seen way too many interviews, even billboards, where parents beg someone, anyone, out of the 50 people at a party who saw their child killed to tell the police what they know.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Yes, it is.

If you have seen The Wire you know the character I take my name from is against snitchin'.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why does his motive matter?

And he thinks his morals are values society should adopt. Not that different than, say, standing up for a woman's right to choose, or gun rights, or free speech, and so on and so forth.

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I've just kind of made it a personal mantra not to care about people's motivations when it comes to policy, just about consequences.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This, and Wayne Dumond, spelled the end for Gomer Pyle long, long ago.

His best bet is to hook up as Mitt's VP to shore up the South.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He wouldn't mind being kingmaker, but the one guy he won't join forces with is the Mormon, since the LDS are taboo, in Huck's book.

Next.

9. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

They'd sure be a fun pair, though: Another clueless rich guy who was born on third base but thinks he hit a triple, and a male version of Sarah Palin, complete with the phony folksiness and gaffe-a-day mouth.

But I have to agree: The fundies who make up the Huckster's base will never vote for a Mormon.

Not a good week for ol' Huck when you have to have your PR honk issue not one but two "clarifications."

I'm guessing the Willie Horton-esque commercials are already filmed and in the can on the off-chance that Huckabee somehow gets the nomination.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ruining marriage according to Huckabee:

[x] gays
    [x] Natalie Portman
    [ ] Newt Gingrich

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, the Portman example is a little more timely. And, he was asked about Portman, not Moynihan.

Plus, Huckabee isn't even sure where Obama grew up, I'd bet he has no idea who Natalie's baby daddy is, let alone that he's Euro.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, his dad was Governor, but he didn't grow up super rich.

And, even if you want to use your example and say he was born on third base, fine. But he hit home runs his next three at bats too.

I'm not even a huge fan of his, but he's very smart and has been incredibly successful at nearly everything he's done.

By all accounts he has a wonderful family.

He was successful in business. He rescued and ran the Olympics, and he was elected the Governor of Massachusetts as a Republican.

Who's resume would you like to put up against his?

Draft saved Draft deleted