1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee Goes After Natalie Portman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Mar 4, 2011.

1. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Just another attempt by a B-list right-winger to gin up support among the base by reaching for the lowest of their low-hanging fruit: Attacking Hollywood.

Huckster wasn't going anywhere near the White House without a tour ticket before this or even the Obama-Kenya thing. No real harm done.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Obama thing is really, really bad.

As Egan points out, there's no backpedaling when he was talking about Kenya-specific facts, like the "Mau-Mau" revolution and British colonial control.

I seriously think that Huck really thought Obama grew up in Kenya.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Portman is still the more unlikable of the two.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That was pretty crazy. When I first heard about what he said, I just assumed he had misspoken.

But, you're right, with the details he added, it's pretty hard to act like it was a simple mistake. You can't just plug Indonesia into his comments in the place of Nigeria and have them make any sense.

(And, I'm not sure they would have made any sense even if he was raised in Kenya.)

You really have to wonder about Huckabee. He's sort of the poster child for turning a Presidential run into a lucrative career. Before the 2008 campaign, he didn't have two nickels to rub together.

Now, he's quite rich. It would seem like he wouldn't want to give that up for another run, and these comments make me believe he's not doing the serious work necessary to do so.

The only way he runs is if he concludes that it will lead to even greater riches. I don't think it will.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Another intelleckshuall eleetisst who went to one of them pinko kolleeges. We want our countree back.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except, by all accounts, that is what her child will have. They are getting married. She just got pregnant before they exchanged vows.

This isn't about his concern for the welfare of the child. It's about shoving his morals on other people.

I do get the concern that most unwed mothers don't have her resources, but she does have them and she is marrying the father.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know, but it's tough to tell people, "It's OK for rich people to have children out of wedlock, but not you." Reducing it to a morals/values issue is an attempt to connect with people in a language they might speak.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If their IQ is in the temperature range of chilly rain.

We should have a fucking IQ test to vote.

9. How much did you pay for your subscription to US Weekly?

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Well, he could've gone after Bridget Moynihan instead. But I suppose the baby mama of a Euro is an easier target that the baby mama of a football superstar.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No. He's saying that marriage is more important bond to choose than to have a child.

And, by any common reading of the Bible, he's right.

But he needs to have some damn grace about the matter.

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Unless they are naked.

Draft saved Draft deleted