1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS team wins 100-0, seeks to forfeit game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jan 22, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So if they forfeit does that mean it didn't happen?

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If the losing team is chock full of girls with short attention spans, then why does any of this matter? Chances are they forgot about the game somewhere in the fourth quarter.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can you cite an example of what Obama has whined about?

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I dunno, Zag, seems like you've been doing a lot of whining about the scoreboard from November 4.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I was reading just the other day about a team in the area where I used to work. Played a totally overmatched, winless team, and the coach started the game with his second string. Just gave the starters the night off. Sounds like this should have been done here too.

There's just nothing to be learned, on either side, from a 100-0 game. I'm sure the girls on the losing team get enough shit because of the issues they have. They don't need any more "lessons in dealing with hard times," or some such bullshit.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What game?

7. kicksave

kicksave Member

Here's the Dallas Morning News on the game:
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/012209dnsposhutout.40d72ee.html

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

The coach getting fired is absurd. I don't know what his game plan was down the stretch, but I know some coaches say, "Hey, you need to pass the ball an "X" amount of times before you take the shot." My old high school team did that. There was a stretch where they were just murdering opponents by an obscene amount of points and instead of just continuing the onslaught, the coach would say to pass the ball a number of times before you were allowed to take a shot.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

My guess is The Dallas Academy committed dozens of 5-second and 10-second violations without Covenant even pressing.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nice quote from the Dallas Academy headmaster when asked about cancelling the rest of the season:

"We just said, 'The hell with it,' " said Jim Richardson, Dallas Academy's headmaster.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

I'd be bitching just as much if the other guy had won -- actually probably more because, well, criticism of this current guy is viewed as both sacrilegious and racist by most of the people around here so we must limit how much we do of it.

But "my team" hasn't ever won a Presidential election and isn't likely ever too either so my attitude has always been -- who gives a rat's ass who wins or loses elections -- it will no doubt be a self-serving douchebag who will make decisions based on political reasons -- not on what's best for this country -- almost every single time.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The fact that his first act was to show the world how nice we are going to be to prisoners and eradicate any method of interrogation that is tougher than asking "what is your name" and doesn't include ice cream, lollipops and massages tells me he is just another liberal wuss who would rather appease and play nice than play to win -- and that's not a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted