1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS Sports Web Editor, Raleigh NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jay Sherman, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

From JJobs as well: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=948009

Weird last sentence.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Particularly given the location.

3. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The kid they had do this job last year was absolutely full of fail. Blatantly ripped off newspaper reports and just had no idea how journalism was done.

4. Jim_Mora

Jim_Mora Member

im having a hard time finding the posting on the cbc site.

5. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

Great. I bet they would be real quick to hire another "kid" then. Scratch applying for this one.

6. Jim_Mora

Jim_Mora Member

hey, at least we're cheaper than the grizzled vets....so we've got that going for us

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I was wondering why this was open so quickly - until AppGrad clarified. I would think CBC can get a higher caliber of candidate than someone like that.

It should be a good gig for someone. Great area if you can find an affordable place.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'd be all over this job, too, if it weren't for that lack of degree thing. Plus, I was born in Raleigh and would love to move back there some day.

9. WoodyWommack

WoodyWommack Member

Sounds like typical radio station protocol.

Draft saved Draft deleted