1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS girl dunks like a Lebron James

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's Griner, and Barmore is an amazing judge of talent. I'd believe just about anything he says about a player.

And rick, we were ignoring your assholishness, but if you're going to point it out yourself, I think you're a douche and the girl would kill you in a game of one-on-one.

2. micke77

micke77 Member

oops, my bad....you're right, Griner.
    thanks.
    but by whatever name, she's something else.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But can she hit a curveball?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

She'd totally destroy me. I woudln't get a point off.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

One of the things I enjoyed about covering the 1999 Final Four in San Jose was listening to Barmore talk about how in about 15 or 20 years, women's basketball players would be doing things we didn't think possible a few years earlier. He went on about how he wished he would still be around to see the kind of play he anticipated.

It doesn't surprise me that seeing this girl made an impression on him and made his eyes light up when he spoke about her. And I know this: If Leon Barmore likes a player, I'm drafting her for my team if I can. Of course, you don't have to be an amazing judge of talent to see this girl's future.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The quality of play at the women's college level has definitely gotten consistently better for more than a decade now.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

This girl was on the cover of the Austin-American Statesman sports page Saturday morning and I'd never heard of her.
    I scanned the story at a convenience store but didn't know she dunked a lot.
    Solid looking, for sure.

And the quality of women's hoops had nothing to do but improve over the past 30 years.

It's taken leaps in the past 10, for sure.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

to be fair, it had a long way to go.

9. micke77

micke77 Member

Johnny Dangerously....yep, I covered that 99 NCAA tourney in San Jose and recall Barmore saying the same thing...if he lights up on a player, you can take it to the bank she's the real deal. what he told me several weeks ago about her is good enough for me to put her in the "can't miss" department.
    same with mulkey. she isn't going to gush praise on just any hoopster.

10. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I saw some video where Griner was interviewed on camera and she sounds like a ... teenage boy. Not a feminine voice at all. Really strange.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Here's what I mean. She's interviewed on camera in this video link:

12. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

SockPuppet, what's your point? She's not a boy. It doesn't matter what she sounds like.

Draft saved Draft deleted