1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS girl dunks like a Lebron James

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

There is a girls high school player in Houston named Brittany Griner, who is simply unbelievable. She's 6-8 and dunks routinely -- not a typical dunk you see from a female-- but two-handed rim-rattlers. She had 44 points, 17 rebounds and eight blocks in state semifinal game. Check out the picture on the link below that went with the story.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6298474.html

Here's some video from ESPN...

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no she doesn't.

3. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

OK, I exaggerated. She dunks like Luther Head.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

This girl is really good. Her state final will be on Fox Sports Southwest tonight at 11, I think. I know they are tape-delaying it so everyone can watch that all important Mavericks game.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Is she a senior? If so, where is she going to school?

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Junior.

She signed with Baylor.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god. damn. solid.

and yes, she is impressive. we ran the story and youtubed her. thing is, she's still pretty raw and only will become much, much better ... which probably will make her the best women's player in the history of the game.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

A junior? Sweet lord almighty. She could be the women's game equivalent to Chamberlain.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

How can she be a junior and already signed w/ Baylor? Is there an early early signing period in girls bball I don't know about?

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

She's a senior.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, my bad. I thought I read she was a junior.

12. She's going to be more dominant than Courtney Paris ever was. Kim Mulkey's probably going to hire Secret Service to guard her.

Draft saved Draft deleted