1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS football officials arrested during game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Story behind this should be a hoot.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/10/2_referees_arrested_at_st_paul.html

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What a shock, Covington ended up losing 20-3.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Angel Hernandez better hope New Orleans doesn't get an expansion team.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Should have just killed them and been done with it.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Charges against football officials will be dropped at the request of the mayor and new police chief.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/10/covington_mayor_mike_cooper_sa.html

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'll bet every coach in America from Bill Belichick down to Pop Warner is searching for video of those arrests.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I have friends who are refs who basically said this was about a tinhorn cop who was throwing his weight around.

His buddies on the sideline were getting in the way of the chain gang and the side judge, and they refused to move when asked to by the referee. A confrontation occured and the cop went Rambo on the refs, without much cause.

Sounds like the new chief of police came to the same conclusion. I think if I was that cop I'd start brushing up my resume.

Draft saved Draft deleted