1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HS Football 12-8/9

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 9, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

For all those who care, CSS is showing the 6A state final live.
    Prattville 7, Hoover 0 at the end of the first quarter.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Our state championships will only be on TV via tape-delay.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Make that
    Prattville 14, Hoover 0
    Bu Hoover's driving.
    I'm surprised that CSS doesn't pick up all the Southern state title games live or on tape delay. Every southern state I'm familiar with shows them live locally or tape-delayed.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Lincoln beat Commerce in a classic 1A matchup in Georgia.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's interesting. Here every game is live on the local Fox Sports channel. Games are over Thanksgiving weekend (four on Friday and four on Saturday).

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

In the Virginia Group A, Division 2 finals, Riverheads beat John I. Burton 21-20 after Burton was flagged for excessive celebration after scoring the potential tying touchdown with less than a minute remaning. Burton was forced to go for two because their kicker sucks, they failed, game over.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Whoops. Hoover scored.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

saw that -- seems like they play in the dome nearly every year. the year commerce won it all was a classic monte williams game. kid had been bottled up all day, fourth quarter he has two huge runs to give commerce the win. and the fact commerce keeps coming back proves what a great coach steve savage is... love that guy. of course, larry campbell isn't too much of a slouch, either

9. Prattville > Hoover.

"That's what I thought."

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You mean Division 1. I covered the Division 2 game (Goochland 28, Giles 14). I thought about staying for the Riverheads-Burton game but decided the press box was getting too crowded. Sounded like a grade-A screw job the likes of which Bret Hart would be proud, though.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Next weekend's Pennsylvania finals:

A: Southern Columbia vs. West Middlesex (both 15-0, but Southern has won four straight state titles and has 7,000-yard career rusher in Henry Hynoski)

AA: Jeannette vs. Wilson Area (Jeannette jr QB Terrelle Pryor is 6-6, 220 and a beast)

AAA: Pottsville vs. General McLane

AAAA; Bethlehem Liberty vs. Upper St. Clair (Liberty QB Dan Persa is a D-Ier)

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Rush cried-- I puked... literally, fighting the crud since Friday morning.

Felt good enough to go to a Christmas parade for a while this evening... Dickhead parade organizers shot off fireworks just as the County Mounted Police passed by... spooked the horses, one threw the rider and started running through the crowd... looked up it was 25 feet away and headed toward our dog...turned away to see it wrangled...
    Cop is on the ground in pain.... parade ends; cops are pissed firefighters are pissed....
    Got home in time to watch end of 4th... dysentery hits... shitty night was had by all

Draft saved Draft deleted