1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HQ Trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deskgrunt50, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Your boy won tonight. 85 cents!

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Nice. Now you still can't buy tomorrow's newspaper to read all about it.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Cash Show either. They give away smaller prizes, but do 3 shows M-F and 5 shows on the weekends.
    Money questions start at Q6 (I've made a whopping $1.10 this week!), they have free lives along with "wrong gones" which take out one of the 3 choices. They also do a spin at the end of the 9:30 show where you can get free stuff (lives, wrong gones, etc.)
    And if you sign up, use my code to get a free life (Y49DW2)

There is also HalfTime Live, which is sports trivia and is low stakes ($200-500, but also low turnout, only like 3K play). The one downfall is they do the trivia at the half of a random game each day. Tonight's is the half of the Pelicans/Clips...so halftime won't be until around 11:30 EST. And the hosts are BRUTAL. They can't read, aren't funny...but who cares, you can win COLD HARD CASH (ie. pennies) Use: spikechiquet if you sign up! :)

4. I bagged .68 cents Saturday evening.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The wife won $0.56 a few days ago. Seemed like an easy quiz, comparitivey. We collectively knew maybe 10 of 12. We purposefully split our answers on the first one we didn’t know, when I went out. She then had to guess No.12 correctly.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

First time playing Wednesday afternoon...for $300K. Had to come out of the Rampage promotion budget, since The Rock was the guest MC. The winners each got $3,400 and change.
    Played three times, haven't gotten past 8 yet (and I'm a stalwart on a Meetup trivia team, but no clock to worry about there).

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Broke my cherry and took down both the 3 and 9 pm contests. Both super easy. I’m going to step out and buy a can of soda with my winnings.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The emcee is a Johns Hopkins grad, FWIW.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Finally, my first win!!!

Throwing a victory party with my 59 cents.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Geez, I suck and you guys are good. I have probably played 20 times and I've never gotten past question 9

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was just pleased that my vast knowledge of useless 80s music trivia finally paid off. Question 12: Who served as Mick Jagger's band when he performed at Live Aid?

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Dire Straits?

Draft saved Draft deleted