1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HPV: Not just causing cancer in women

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

sportschick,

Honestly, no, I should not, and, IMO, neither should you. I try to get the message out: Dobson and his group do not represent a large number of Christians - many, indeed, don't even know who he is - and his political influence is no different than that of any number of people. We are, I believe, just weeks away from Obama-McCain for the whole donut in November, and if that doesn't reflect the limitations of Dobson's reach, well, what else would?

I'm all for the vaccine, always have been, and would like to see it be made available free, to anyone who wants it. Not flung through some tortured wringer of mandatory state law, which would include a flimsy opt-out clause anyway. Not just make it free, available to everyone, via universal health care.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Good friend of mine ended up contracting HPV from her boyfriend. As others have said, it is nearly undetectable in guys, and it can be dormant for years without passing it along.
    While I'm by no means happy that more people can be affected by this, I also know that research toward preventing these types of things aren't usually progressed until men are part of the visible problem/solution.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Forgive me if I don't like seeing my religion sullied by Dobson and his ilk. Sort of like how most Muslims don't like seeing their religion used to justify suicide bombings.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

True dat, yo --- Jesus himself has nothing to do with any of this. Sadly, the God-squadders oppose Gardasil because it would prevent an STD. In their minds (and you can read more about it in their BLOGS!), anything that would prevent an STD encourages promiscuity.

Draft saved Draft deleted