1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HPV: Not just causing cancer in women

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 1, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You can't afford me.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've got a mug full of change and a pocket full of dreams.

3. sportschick

I don't accept change. I do, however, accept credit cards.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Uh ... where would I, you know ... swipe the card?

5. sportschick

Sigh. No swipping. You just hand it over and let me use it buy shoes after we're done. Duh!

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh. Well, not only is that easier to envision, but it'd be a lot less awkward.

7. sportschick

Well, I could have a credit card scanner built into my ass, but it'd be uncomfortable.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's probably act as quite a bump in the road -- no pun intended -- on your weight-loss quest, too. All of the sudden, there's another eight pounds on the scale, all because some loser wants to swipe a credit card in your back crevice. It just doesn't seem logical.

9. sportschick

Yea, that'd be like all the weight I've lost so far this year too. That'd be dumb. Probably best that I just buy shoes with the credit cards.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Hi. This is called bullshit. The vaccine is available in America, and, if we had universal health insurance, as Britain does, every girl would be provided the option of being vaccinated for free in two years. Sadly, it costs $400 - which some people don't have - because the drug company that makes it feels the need to make a profit off preventing cancer.

Jesus has nothing to do with any of this.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

HPV never just affected women--in men it causes big nasty venereal warts. Very lovely white warts that are highly contagious. Easily removed. See a doctor.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Flash, mine wasn't cryotherapy. He put some vinegar stuff up in there, gave me a colposcopy and then took a biopsy. No numbing, no nothing. Said "you'll feel a light scraping."

It was the most pain I've ever gone through in my entire life. And I was hundreds of miles from anyone that knew me.

Draft saved Draft deleted