1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's this for eerie timing?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by deskslave, May 11, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

AP moves a long feature about a former mining town in Oklahoma (Picher) where the federal government is literally paying people to leave because mining has done such catastrophic environmental damage.

Tonight a tornado blew through, killing at least six people.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Holy crap. I had exactly the same thought.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Somehow, it'll be blamed on George Bush. He created Katrina, now this.

4. No, but a spin on the old BASF ad: He didn't create Katrina, he just made it worse.

5. Yeah, not sure what phantom enemy you're picking a fight with, Batman. I don't know anyone who thinks the president caused a hurricane, not even on here.

The government sure fucked up the handling of it, though.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

George Bush hates black people.

7. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

To all you Bush-bashers: I"m sure everything would have been hunky-dorry had Gore or Kerry been president instead. Of course---50-50 hindsight works all the time for embittered liberals.

America will REALLY get what it deserves when an Obama-Clinton ticket wins the White House, then we have Obama, Hillary and Bubba all fighting for the steering wheel while they drive USA into the pits of hell. To all you who think Bush has dragegd down this countryt, you ain't got a clue.

8. Death

Death Member

God damn, your dad should've pulled out. At least we'd have been spared this idiocy if he had.

9. It's amazing how the people on here who hate the Bush-bashing so often turn the gun on themselves. I mean, here we have a thread that has nothing to do with Bush and all the Bushies jump on it because no one has bashed Bush yet.

Fucked. Up.

10. Death

Death Member

This is key. This is not his/her first attempt to rush to Bush's aid.

11. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Death:
    Lighten up. My journalism credentials are just fine, but I see no reason to out myself. Just having some fun.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Here's a preview of tomorrow's SportsJournalists.com.....

Poster1: "Hey everyone, do you know where I could buy a cheap pair of sunglasses?"

Poster 2: "Yeah, why don't you go to fucking Canada since their economy is so much better than ours because of that stupid fucktard George Bush?"

Draft saved Draft deleted