1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's this different?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TexasVet, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Still waiting for someone to name their building the Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell Arena.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Such a clown move.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Who brags about going to a funeral with a ticket? I guess he was feeling insecure and needed some social media "likes" today. What a douchebag.

YankeeFan, Tweener and SFIND like this.
  4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Do we really need a thread on why this is different? SMH on how some people are employed in the biz.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Then again, who says it's his? Maybe he saw someone with the ticket and asked if he could take a pic of it ...

6. JR119

JR119 Member

Maybe if he gets there early enough, he can get a good number of autographs from the famous people on hand

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not "his" ticket, and he covered the distribution as part of his job? At least, that's the impression I got from the other 20 or so photos he tweeted yesterday morning.

8. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I have seen press people post their credentials with tweet saying something like 23rd year covering xxxxxx team. Or if their last name takes up the whole pass or something. Still not sure how I feel. Don't see why people do it maybe they feel that is just the way social media is but I also don't think someone is classless for doing it.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This was a dumb post to begin with.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

A golden ticket to a funeral. I like Arash and his body of work, but that is seriously tone deaf.

11. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

This was my exact thought.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And selfies with celebrities in the background. Or cameos.

JR119 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted