1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's this different?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TexasVet, Jun 8, 2016.

1. TexasVet

TexasVet Member

How's an ESPN writer posting a photo of his ticket to a Muhammed Ali memorial service different than the reporter who posted a photo of his media credential to the Final Four? Other than the fact it's ESPN and they think they're above everything.

Screenshot 2016-06-08 07.53.26.png

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Because it's the same ticket given out to anyone in the general public?

3. SFIND

SFIND Active Member

Are there any regulations on the back of the ticket that prohibit posting pictures of it online?

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. mediaguy

mediaguy Active Member

The NCAA is in charge of its credentials. If they don't want photos that make counterfeiting easier, that's their right.

Do you want a uniform policy where all tickets/credentials to all events in all countries have the same rules? A little oversimplified, no?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. TexasVet

TexasVet Member

I don't know. I don't have a ticket. But if I did, I wouldn't be flashing it on the web just like I wouldn't a press pass. It's the professionalism that goes back to it.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

ESPN is entitled to employ assclowns like the rest of the world.

Tweener likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, now you know where he's going to be sitting, so you can take it up with him.

But it's not a credential, it's an old-fashioned printed ticket. I think the NCAA particularly is concerned with credentials because if you are a bad guy and can duplicate one of those, you can get to a lot of place the public can't.

So a media credential is worth a lot to someone out for a good time or someone with bad intentions.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It would be a real shame of Arash didn't get to cover future Muhammed Ali funerals.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Calling it a golden ticket is fairly classless, but it's not to hard to see the difference between this and the NCAA thing.

10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Golden ticket? Is it being held in a chocolate factory? Maybe don't seem excited about going to someone's funeral.

Edit: Jake beat me to it.

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah golden ticket, just like Willie Wonka. Is this jerkoff Arash an on-air guy?

edit: missed the 'senior writer'

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No, just the KFC/Yum! Center, which is much classier than Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Tweener and TyWebb like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted