1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's the weather?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 5, 2007.

1. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Went to the Cubs-Reds game on Wednesday night in Cincy.

Went and got drunk at Game Day, then proceeded to FREEZE MY BALLS OFF for three hours at GAB.

Started snowing in the first inning ... the flurries just kept coming the whole game.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Albeit with gumbo. ;D

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It's currently 43 here, but the wind chill is fricking 39! It was worse earlier and the wind is blowing at about 16 mph. FRIG ITS GONNA BE A COLD ONE HERE!

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well you must not live in the right place because I am watching it dump snow after we got a nice layer of freezing rain this morning. We are also getting thunder and lightning snow storms right now. I've never seen on of those.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

PERIODS OF LIGHT FREEZING RAIN...WITH BURSTS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SLEET AND SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE WARNING AREA. ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 3 INCHES OF SLEET AND SNOW WILL RESULT...ALONG WITH ICE ACCUMULATIONS NEAR ONE QUARTER INCH. TRAVEL IS NOT RECOMMENDED AS ROADS ARE SLICK AND HAZARDOUS...AND VISIBILITIES COULD DROP TO LESS THAN ONE MILE AT TIMES IN HEAVY SLEET AND SNOW.

Paper's going two hours early tonight.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Game was ppd. I'd be surprised if any preps play here today. It's about 1 p.m. and it's 27 degrees. Baseball, softball and soccer usually start at 10 a.m.

One of my coaches called yesterday to say his away game was cancelled. He said he had his girls soccer team practice Friday morning in the cold to prepare for today's game (before he knew it was cancelled). They lasted 45 minutes.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Mother Nature, why do you hate America?

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Sixty degrees here. Overcast however. I think I switched weather with Angola! somehow.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Colder than its supposed to be, but at least no snow...

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. West wind between 11 and 13 mph.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 47. West wind between 11 and 17 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind between 8 and 14 mph.

Monday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 51. West wind between 8 and 15 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind between 7 and 13 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's 10 degrees and getting colder down by Boulder Dam today.

Gordon Lightfoot weather threadjack.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SEE, SEE! I told all of you global warming was bullshit!

12. lono

lono Active Member

Negatory, BBAM.

It's Mother Nature that's going Boots on us, not the other way around.

Draft saved Draft deleted