1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's the weather?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Missed that one. I thought it was something for work, my bad.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm covering college baseball right now. Its about 29 degrees with intermittent snow flurries.

I have a space heater about six inches away from me in the press box. It's totally dangerous. I don't give a fuck.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

About 25 degrees in Cleveland, intermittent snow flurries. Just got back from The Jake. There are two outs in the top of the fifth and the game is in its third snow delay.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What kind of bizarro world is this when it is snowing in West Texas right now and Seattle set a record high for heat Friday.

5. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

It's almost disorienting when it's nice this time of year. Plus, it's spring break here, so there's no preps to worry about, I'd swear it was July.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I saw pictures on the PI's web site of kids swimming in Lake Washington. God that brings back memories.

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

We had not flurries, but an all-out snow storm here in Ky. For abut three hours, and it's still covering the ground because it.s 22 degrees. Sucks.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Just a little frosting on the plains. Rumors of the great West Texas Easter Blizzard of 07 were greatly exaggerated.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think it was 12 degrees last night in Lincoln. I'm sure it wasn't that cold, but fuck; the wind that accompanied the cold? Painful.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

...FREEZE WARNING FOR SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI AND PARTS OF EAST CENTRAL LOUISIANA TONIGHT... ...SLIGHT RISK OF LIGHT SLEET FOR SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI AND PARTS OF EAST CENTRAL LOUISIANA TONIGHT...

UNSEASONABLY COLD AIR CONTINUES TO MOVE INTO THE GULF SOUTH THIS WEEKEND. NORTH WINDS WILL BRING MUCH COLDER AIR INTO THE AREA. IN ADDITION...AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE ACROSS THE GULF OF MEXICO TONIGHT AND SUNDAY... PRODUCING LIGHT PRECIPITATION ACROSS THE AREA.

PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN SATURDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY. CURRENT INDICATIONS ARE THAT SOME OF THE PRECIPITATION COULD FALL AS SLEET BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 6 AM SUNDAY MORNING...MAINLY IN SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI AND BORDERING EAST CENTRAL LOUISIANA PARISHES. THE PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BE LIGHT...AND SHOULD NOT PROVIDE ANY TRAVEL PROBLEMS.

OVERNIGHT LOW TEMPERATURES WILL BE A CONCERN AS WELL. TEMPERATURES WILL FALL TO NEAR THE FREEZING LEVEL TONIGHT AND SUNDAY NIGHT ACROSS SOUTHWEST MISSISSIPPI AND EAST-CENTRAL LOUISIANA. THESE FREEZING TEMPERATURES WILL BE A DANGER TO TENDER VEGETATION THAT HAS ALREADY BLOOMED DUE TO THE UNSEASONABLY WARM WEATHER OF THE PAST FEW WEEKS. TENDER PLANTS SHOULD BE PROTECTED TONIGHT AND SUNDAY NIGHT.

ON THE SOUTH SHORE OF LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO FALL TO NEAR 40 DEGREES.

THIS WEEKEND'S TEMPERATURES ARE 20 TO 25 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL. FREEZING TEMPERATURES IN APRIL ARE EXCEEDINGLY RARE IN OUR AREA. THE LATEST FREEZES ON RECORD AT NEW ORLEANS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ARE APRIL 8TH 1971...AND APRIL 13TH 1940 IN BATON ROUGE.

A MODERATING TREND WILL BEGIN ON MONDAY...BUT UNTIL THEN...BE PREPARED FOR UNSEASONABLY COLD WEATHER. CONTINUE TO MONITOR LATER STATEMENTS AND FORECASTS FOR UPDATES ON THIS COLD SPELL.

I wonder what this moderating trend entails. Maybe Moddy or Webby can tell me.

11. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Getting down to 15 here tonight. Wheat is the best it's looked in years, and now it's going to get hammered by a hard freeze.
    Can't win for losing.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Welcome to April in New England every year.

Draft saved Draft deleted