1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's that global warming thing coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I don't read every post. I read yours. If it comes up again, I'll be sure to call out that poster.

And of course, the snotty second graf of your post pretty much negates the first graf, doesn't it? You're done.

2. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

No, you called me out because you don't like my point of view. If you have never seen that word used on this site, you're not paying very close attention.

3. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Genco, you continue to misunderstand me. I have not maintained the global warming is not real. In fact, in one post I said the scientists are not necessarily wrong.

But it is just a theory based on a small sample set of evidence, driven by scientists hellbent on supporting it. That's how research works. Take a graduate level research class sometime. You might learn a thing or two.

4. Since I'm speaking to a brick wall who is also a smug SOB, I will close my participation in this thread with the following:

I assure you that you don't want to compare academic accomplishments with me, Goldy.

Now go back to reading Ann Coulter's latest tome...

5. I like the term Thomas Friedman used last night on "Real Time" about how global warming is a bit of a misnomer that confuses simple minds. Call it global weirding, he said (using someone else's term). The climate will get weird, not necessarily hotter all the time.

Global weirding. I like it.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The problem with China and India is that even if we shut down every CO2 emission possible, they're going to be driving more and firing up factories more. Every barrel of oil we save, they're going to buy it and put it in some kind of machine. It would be nice if everyone could get on the same page, but that's not going to happen. In the meantime, restricting our industrial capacity will only strengthen them.

Unless that's the plan all along ... weaken us.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sweet Jesus.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

[​IMG]

They're coming!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Uh, yeah, Hondo ... that's reaching just a bit. Dontcha think?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Amazingly unintelligent.

Would love to know what Hondo and the rest of his friends in the hoodies think about a black Muslim terrorist possibly being elected president.

11. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Is that Jiffy Pop?

Draft saved Draft deleted