1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's that global warming thing coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dork-weed?

We're all competing against a mental giant here.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

What the heck is a dork-weed?

With that, I've noticed asshat used here as well. Where did that come from?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

At least asshat sounds like something generated by someone older than six.

Next up for Hondo: "The jerk store called."

4. Here's why your reasoning doesn't mesh, Hondo---a lot of things have only been around for a short time or what you would label a meager drop in history's bucket. Penicillin has only been around for 70 years. Chemotherapy first came about 35 to 45 years ago. Is there enough recorded scientific evidence and knowledge of those things? Should we not use MRIs and X-Ray machines to diagnose illnesses? After all, the amount of time we've had those machines is a drop in history's bucket. Shouldn't we get some recorded scientific evidence on it before we use their results to diagnose medical problems and come up with treatment plans? And how much is enough? When should we pick this global warming thing back up?

And your demand that I should go complain to China and India about this issue is totally pointless and futile. So we're justified in ignoring global warming---or not doing our very best to study and remedy this problem---simply because China and India are doing the same?

That doesn't make sense, but let me express why in a way you might understand. I know you're a patriot, Hondo. Do you think China and India are superior countries to the United States of America? I bet you don't. I bet the U.S.A. is the greatest country in the world. So, if you do believe that, why should we allow our actions to be dictated by two other countries?

5. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

I never said I did, oh, King of Attention Whores. I have maintained I am skeptical because it is a theory, and if you knew anything about scientific research, you would understand that it's done by people chasing their own ideas. It is natually biased to a degree. That this research is being done on a subject that people study daily yet still can't predict tonight at 11 what the fuck it's going to be like tomorrow afternoon, based on fancy computer models, numbers and history, I will forever be skeptical about a theory on something about which even many scientists themselves are skepital.

Christ, was this place ever better without your pompous ass around, inspite of what the bookend circle jerks held by the left-wing lemmings may indicate.

6. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

A. No matter how much C02 we pump out, we still do not control the weather.
    B. You're right. I never should have insulted retarded people by comparing you to them.

7. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I would REALLY appreciate it if you didn't use the word "retarded" again. Thank you.

8. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Uh oh, the PC police have slapped the cuffs on me. ... On a site on which the cool kids glamorize use of the word "fucktard," I would think it wasn't such a big deal.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Maybe, just maybe, there are some posters on here with special needs kids who don't appreciate it.

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Since the day you got on this site, all you've done is rip those you consider "liberals" (Why would a liberal care about bible study?--wasn't that yours?). I've got a nephew who's one of the nicest kids in the world but happens to be developmentally disabled. I asked you nicely, once, not to use that other term, but you just had to make a stink about it.

Just once, allow for the slimmest chance that you might have erred. Man up, apologize, and move on with your life. Or don't.

11. A. No matter how much C02 we pump out, we still do not control the weather.
    B. You're right. I never should have insulted retarded people by comparing you to them.
    [/quote]

You're a real Internet tough guy, eh?

I could say a lot of things, but instead, I'm going to deconstruct your argument. AGAIN. I'll let the board form their own opinions on your terribly witty insults.

On your first point, I'm not saying we control the weather. I'm saying we have control over certain circumstances that have a direct impact on the weather. That does not mean we control the weather. It means that we can affect the weather. Focus on improving on your reading comprehension skills. It'll have dramatic effects on your debating abilities.

And you're not smart enough to determine the difference between words like "fucktard" and "retard"?

12. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

OTD, it was a poor choice of words and I'm sorry.

Now, please go to the search feature on this site and type in the word "retarded." Hey, look, 17 pages. When you're done admonishing the 600 or so others who have used the term, most in a derogatory -- but harmless -- manner, come back to me and I will apologize again, even more profusely.

Draft saved Draft deleted