1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's that global warming thing coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, this scientific report issued today by NOAA is invalid because it's cooler than normal in (insert city here) ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27221180/wid=18298287

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Or not.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

[​IMG]

Goldeaston looks around and wonders what the fuss is about... ;)

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

What I am arguing is that while the advances in science in the last century have been stupendous, it doesn't mean that we're right. Or wrong. Just that we have no idea what this planet is, or is supposed to be, doing.

Maybe it's supposed to be warmer and the ice caps smaller. Maybe not. I still think that the idea of man causing enough harm to a planet so vast and resplendent is at best egotistical.

5. I'm sorry. I thought we were talking about science, but I guess global warming is actually a philosophy discussion.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's a very Zen-like state, global warming.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did you see the post above yours, Tony?

I won't even ask about Hondo b/c I know hondo caynt reed.

8. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Wow. And people think my posts are dumb.

9. Really? If it's so dumb, answer the fucking question and amaze us with your superior brainpower. The first comparison may be a reach, but the second one, involving the economy, is the one I really want to hear an answer to.

Did people in 1829 know about deriviatives and sub-prime lending? And aren't the economists and the government officials who advocated the bailout biased? After all, they went in thinking that there was an economic problem and, as such, a solution was necessary. Maybe it was just a slight economic shift, right?

10. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

Well, considering the terrorist attacks happened before our naked eyes, and were accomplished by man and machine, and because the economic climate is a product of indisputably man-made decisions in an indisputably man-made arena, all of which is controlled by man, I would say the comparison was at best retarded.

Global warming is a theory about the man-made effects on something indisputably not man-made: the weather, something over which man has zero control. I hope that's clear enough for you.

11. It's clear enough.
    You don't know fuck-all about the topic.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As with every liberal, when the findings support his political agenda, they're not biased. When they don't, they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted