1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's that global warming thing coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Well, that's as much of an admission of being wrong that you'll ever muster, so that will have to do.

And by all means, take that second-grade logic to Fox News, so it can produce a story suggesting that plants are bad for the environment.

Oh, wait, it's already been done:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,181513,00.html

Shorter Fox News: Forget the 70 or 90 percent of annual methane production that is evidently man-made; plants are the real culprits! And only evil Hollywood liberals plant trees!

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

old_tony rules!!!

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, last I remember reading, the methane problem is caused in great part by cow farts. But you compassionate liberals would rather we die than they.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Huh? Slap another steak on my plate please.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Take a visit to Western North Carolina/Eastern Tennessee and you'll see as much. And if you don't believe your eyes, then ask any ecologist studying the area. The evergreen trees in the Great Smoky Mountains give off so much CO2 that it creates the hazy effect that gives the range its name.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I wonder if that has anything to do with the year-round haze in the Atlanta area. There's almost nothing but pines here. I've grown to hate the dang things, so this would be a decent excuse to use for my hatred.

7. old_tony

The really funny thing is, if the left ever comes to the realization that global warming is caused by nature, you can bet they'll decide it's a good thing and we should embrace it.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

The Flat-out Truth
    http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

A web site that argues the earth is flat. It's on a website. I read it. Therefore it's true.

9. old_tony

Well, andy, it's guys on your side that are suddenly arguing about the massive effect of forests on CO2 in the atmosphere.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is like hearing fucking Ronnie Ray-guns talk about the environment. It it weren't so pathetic, it'd be funny.

But then, of course, we have some people here who think evolution is a crock so where does that get us?

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

From the site:

"You can't orbit a flat earth," says Mr. Johnson. "The Space Shuttle is a joke—and a very ludicrous joke."

His soft voice carries conviction, for Charles Johnson is on the level. He believes that the main purpose of the space program is to prop up a dying myth—the myth that the earth is a globe.

"Nobody knows anything about the true shape of the world," he contends. "The known, inhabited world is flat. Just as a guess, I'd say that the dome of heaven is about 4,000 miles away, and the stars are about as far as San Francisco is from Boston."

ALSO:

The sun and moon, in the Johnson version, are only about 32 miles in diameter. They circle above the earth in the vicinity of the equator, and their apparent rising and setting are tricks of perspective, like railroad tracks that appear to meet in the distance. The moon shines by its own light and is not eclipsed by the earth. Rather, lunar eclipses are caused by an unseen dark body occasionally passing in front of the moon.

Johnson's beliefs are firmly grounded in the Bible. Many verses of the Old Testament imply that the earth is flat, but there's more to it than that. According to the New Testament, Jesus ascended up into heaven.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Remain calm. All is well.

Draft saved Draft deleted