1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How's that global warming thing coming?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.coaps.fsu.edu/~maue/tropical/

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The South is still running out of water.

California is still burning.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It was 80 degrees in New York three weeks ago and as as NoOneLikesUs said, California is ablaze and the South needs water. Something is going on with the eco-system.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

California burns every year and has for decades and decades. Lack of rain in SoCal is not a new phenomenon.

Of course one thing that would help prevent, or at least lessen the severity of, these fires would be to go in and clear out all the deadfall in these canyons every year but thanks to the environmental lobby that's illegal.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If you want to know about global warming, ask the polar bears.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Amazingly, if you build cities in a Southern California desert, you run out of water.[color]

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How about the fact that I was wearing shorts in 80 degree weather in the Northeast on Oct. 21? Or that there's a real chance I won't have to break out the gloves before the playoffs end around here this season?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Pern, are you telling me there is no documented case of that happening in the NE before? I find that hard to believe.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

On October 21, Toronto hit 26C, the highest recorded temperature since they've been keeping weather stats--since the mid 1800's.

In and of itself, it doesn't mean anything. It's just part of a larger puzzle.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

There's nothing going on here that isn't part of a cyclical pattern that's been going on probably since the earth was formed.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yes, from fires mostly related to arson.

12. It got down to 37 the other day in sweat-your-balls-off East Texas.

Oops.

Draft saved Draft deleted