1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Howard Bryant on the Mitchell Report ... this might turn out to be useless

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 11, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3142651&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Looks like Bryant spoke off the record with a lot of people contacted by the investigators. It gives some disappointing insight. After Buster Olney's report last month, I had some hope. I am not sure to make of what I read in the link above. It sounds like even if the report has any teeth (and that is a big if according to all the concerns raised in this piece about the investigative techniques), the conflict of interest and anyone who is made to look like a scapegoat will offset any of the good info that can be gleaned.

2. I now know nothing more than I did before I read that opus.
    Except that "some league officials" associated with the Indians are fucking paranoid.
    Let's see the report. Then we'll know.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I agree. It sounded like a lot of people scared they are going to have a finger pointed at them and that the owners will skate free. GMs, strength coaches, etc. Guys who have no one in their corner, the way the owners and players do, to insulate themselves.

A bit about Mitchell's conflicts of interest. Nothing new there, though. I want to see a picture of the hot female investigator (but not her partner with the jelly stain on his shirt). As I said, I don't know what to make of what I read. I guess I just need to wait until they release this thing in a few days.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted