1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would YOU fix the CFB championship picture?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I could easily be convinced to espouse Hammer Pants' playoff system. Looks pretty good to me.

2. IU90

IU90 Member

8 team playoff; winners of 6 BCS conferences get automatic bids and 2 at large bids; keep the BCS bowls as the sites of the playoff games rotating each year which one gets to host the championship game; all the other piddling ass bowls can continue to exist for the same basic purpose they do now.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No special treatment for Notre Dame, second that. I read somewhere that they still get a HUGE check this year despite not making the BCS (or any other bowl for that matter). There's some clause is in the fine print of all the BCS bullcrap that says ND gets taken care of financially no matter what.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I too want a playoff, but one intermediate step to get there would be the plus-one system.

Play the four BCS bowls, then take the top 2 remaining teams and play the national championship game one week later. (Or keep 10 BCS teams and make he Cotton Bowl a BCS bowl again.)

This year, all 4 bowls would have had a possible impact on No. 1 or No. 2 depending on the outcomes.

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'll just sit and about bitch whatever system we have. Seems easier.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Notre Dame stays independent and schedules all the patsies in the nation, riding to an 11-0 record, despite not winning any game by more than 4 points.

And in your scenario, gets in.

8. statrat

statrat Member

Top 12 BCS teams go. No conference championship games and season ends last week of November. Playoffs start next week. Top four get first round byes.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Basically was Hawaii's formula this year.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If any I-A team is unbeaten, it should be in the playoffs.

Notre Dame plays at least a few decent teams every season. Usually several great ones. It's not like the Irish are going to start playing a Sun Belt schedule.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

ON behalf of the BCS, we thank you for your annual bitch party. Just know that the dozens of cities that bring in more people for three days than the annual broom sales convention for the WTF Bowl also thank you, and thank us, because we have absolutely no intention of ever changing this system to a playoff. Sincerely, Mike Slive

Draft saved Draft deleted