1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you deal with this

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by PalmettoStatesport, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Problem is, in some shops, it's not done until a designated time of the month, regardless of when an employee is departing. We don't know if that's the case here.

2. not snarky at all, just being honest

sure, the paper should pay him, but anybody relying on mileage to pay his bills needs to manage his money better

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I know. We're missing that part of the puzzle which I why I hedged in my original post here.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Maybe your boss didn't appreciate your suggestion that she would mishande it. After all, you did tell her, get an assurance frrom her, and then, for some reason, tell her again. Maybe she didn't like the fact that you felt it necessary to remind her. Or maybe she didn't like your tone in that reminder e-mail.

Not saying it's right.

And next time you're driving so many miles in a period that getting paid back quickly is critical to your financial situation, consider asking for an advance.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And Palmetto, if you're going to ask us for advice, perhaps you could stop by a little bit more often to clear up important questions -- like the one above...

6. sartrean

sartrean Member

if they are refusing to pay your mileage, call wage and hour and file a complaint.

Again, I don't see why an employer is pissed some one is quitting. Your replacement will make less than you do, so your employer should be overjoyed you are quitting.

7. Not fair, Mr. Rockefeller ... He's relying on mileage to pay to move. If he hadn't reassessed his financial situation he obviously wouldn't be moving.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Pee in her coffee cup.

Draft saved Draft deleted