1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How will you celebrate MLK Day?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jan 18, 2010.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

eh, at least they're advertising

2. beanpole

beanpole Member

Wow.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Installing new trim work around a kitchen door, spackling, letting it dry, sanding, reapplying spackle, letting it dry and sanding again.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Eat a tub of neapolitan ice cream and save the strawberry for another day.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

SportsJournalists.com marathon!

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow Ragu. You better hope Al Sharpton does not see your post. He will be setting up a picket march outside the SJ home office asking for your resignation.

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Working. My kids have the day off school, though, so I didn't have the pleasure of rousting them at 6 a.m.

Funny thing is, the town I live in used to have a racist repuation, thanks to the mayor that served from the mid-40s to mid-70s. He'd be spinning in his grave if he know that the schools gave the kids the day off.

Let him spin.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I sat on the mall MLK's lap.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Watching "Coming to America" so I can laugh when they argue in the barbership about the validity of Eddie Murphy's character meeting DOCTOR KING!

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I will raise a toast to radio's Greaseman, for whom MLK Day was pretty much the end of the line.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Right after I posted above, I went to my e-mail. The PR person for one of our local hospital chains sent photos of an MLK-diversity celebration at the flagship, and it was broadcast via closed circuit to the other hospitals in the chain.

Anyhow, the bishop in the photos was listed as Bishop Tommy Thudpucker, S.T.D, Archdiocese of XXXXX (I used a fake name, obviously).

S.T.D. for a bishop? I thought he was celibate!

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Doug "The Greaseman" Tracht is currently working the afternoon drive at WFYV-FM in Jacksonville, Florida.

Draft saved Draft deleted