1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How will Patriots handle Brady situation?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RedSmithClone, Sep 7, 2008.

?

If Tom Brady is out for the year, what should New England do? Vote, then explain.

1. Stick with Cassel?

26 vote(s)
    63.4%
  2. Sign Culpepper?

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Sign Bledsoe?

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. Throw in the towel?

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  5. Other?

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He'll probably have the punter take over and will go 13-3.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't care how it's handled as long as it ends with 8-8 or 7-9.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Damnit! I was just about to post that, but I give you full credit because I was going to stay the BLOG! would return if he returned to the NFL.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don Majkowski is floating around. I'm sure he'd love to play Favre twice and prove, once and for all, that he got screwed out of his starting job.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Rick Mirer followed by Ray Lucas?

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I forgot about Jake Plummer.

They need to get his rights from Tampa don't they?

Either the Snake or Culpepper would work for me. I've been a fan of Jake since his college days, but I have a feeling if they were looking at either of them, Moss' love for Culpepper might win out.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Win the division at 4-12?

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

AFC East just turned into the NL West?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Quality.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

ESPN is reporting that the Patriots have contacted both Chris Simms and Tim Rattay who the Pats' drafted back in 2000. Simms will be in New England Monday for a workout with the team.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That's a d_b, Kev, but I'm just glad you're still alive. How's bostonbred coping?

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Right now the only thing the Pats have going for them is their ridiculously easy schedule. They should probably still win the division - sweep the fins and bills, split with the jets. The Super Bowl? Doubtful.

However, I did pose the question to a couple friends - what if Cassel comes in and turns into the next Brady; he struggles to start, then leads them down the stretch to win the division, he has a good showing in the pstseason, but the defense lets the team down.

If Cassel proves he is just as good as Brady, would they let the older QB go and keep Cassel?

Draft saved Draft deleted