1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How was this show NOT a hit?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 10, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

CBS cancels "Secret Talents of the Stars" after one episode. The first (and last) episode Tuesday featured Sasha Cohen's skills as a contortionist.

2. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

[​IMG]

Her talent wasn't much of a secret. At least on this board.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm going to need to see the video of that.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess the ratings sputtered.

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I know this is kind of a lighthearted thread, but I seriously have a problem with CBS.
    No, I didn't watch this particular show, but I'm so tired of CBS (or the rest of the networks) canceling stuff after one or two episodes. Jeez! Give it a chance to catch word of mouth. Imagine shows like "Cheers" or "Seinfeld" if they started today? They may have been canceled after a few episodes.
    There's absolutely no patience today and there's quite a few quality shows that have either been prematurely canceled or moved around so many times that it's hard to keep track of when they're airing.
    Suck it, CBS.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://television.gearlive.com/tvenvy/article/q107-secret-talents-of-the-stars-already-cancelled/

You can see her performance in this link. Do NOT watch George Takei. I can not state this any more clearly.

DO NOT WATCH GEORGE TAKEI.

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

There's a point two-thirds of the way through where she rests her head on somebody else's crotch. Pure gold.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Watching him with the sound all the way off was OK.

I'm just glad I was sitting in a bar with loud music while that show was playing.

9. ArnoldBabar

May the lord bless you and keep you all the days of your life, IJAG. Great googly moogly.

And Tripp, I don't think this show was exactly going to set the world on fire, but I agree with you about when they do this to dramas. You're right, "Cheers" (the premiere finished dead last in the Nielsens) wouldn't have made it to week 3.

This one seems really odd coming right now -- I mean, what the hell else is on? Network TV is a complete wasteland these days because of the strike.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You know the strike's over, right?

I don't watch sitcoms but my wife tells me there are a lot of new episodes coming out right now. My guess for this talent show thing is that they rushed it to production because of the strike, then cancelled it because the strike ended.

11. ArnoldBabar

Yes, but its damage is reflected in every night's prime time slate, and will be for a long, long time. Including the fall, when we're going to miss out on a lot of new stuff because pilot season was all but scrapped. And they're ordering entire full-season runs of shows (which may well suck) without so much as seeing a pilot.

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Hadn't thought about that, but then again I don't watch primetime TV anyhow. It'd be pretty bad to start watching sitcoms at work - at least I can put it on sports networks and argue I need to know what's going on for the sake of my section.

Draft saved Draft deleted