1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to survive spring sports madness (preps)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FuturaBold, Mar 6, 2009.

1. micke77

micke77 Member

FuturaBold...i think what's important, too, is "training" maybe those scorekeepers or whoever at the schools to get their reports/stats/etc. in to you in a timely manner. i've got ours pretty well trained and let them know that "if you get it to us, we'll take care of it."
    with us also being practically a one-man operation--although I do have a very good newside guy who loves sports and helps out a lot--it's mandatory to be organized. before this day is over, i'll peruse who is playing whom and where during this week and get things lined up...
    i'm always asked by readers, friends, etc., "how do you keep up with all of this stuff?"..after a while, it becomes almost second nature. but again, only if you stay organized with schedules, etc.,
    and our area also has a lot of good spring sports teams at the prep level, especially softball.

Draft saved Draft deleted