1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to stop a record: Warriors, down 30, hack away to stop Rockets' 3s

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 6, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He did keep it real.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. I thought this would have been right up your "By Any Means Necessary" alley as with several of the high school run-it-up threads.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, if I were Jackson I would have called time out with 30 seconds to play and told the players, "You haven't played 30 seconds of defense in this whole fuckin' game, how about you try doin' it now?"

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Now you really are talking old school.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

The fans were deprived to witness a memorable event by a selfish coach; I await the commissioner's response on this.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The fans weren't deprived of nothin' -- what few thousand there were had probably headed to the exits about midway in the third quarter.

I am sure of those who remained 98.9% had no idea whatsoever the Rockets were anywhere close to the record. Was the PA announcer howling it out shot-by-shot or something?

Hell, I'm even surprised Mark Jackson knew about it in the first place. If he's such a hard-core, no-nonsense, old-school coach, what the fuck is he doing paying attention to the stat sheet during the game anyway? Other than to say, 'son of a bitch, maybe we ought to try covering the 3-point shooters, ya think?'

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The lede of the AP gamer: "The Houston fans knew the Rockets were on the verge of history against Golden State on Tuesday night, needing one more 3-pointer to set an NBA record."

The listed attendance: 15,453

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The good news - the Warriors held OKC to four 3-pointers in the first half. The bad news - they're still getting steamrolled, 67-49.

9. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

And for the first time since Sprewell, we're talking about the Warriors again.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Who is "we"? SportsJournalists.com was not around when Latrell Sprewell played for the Warriors. But the nation as a whole definitely was talking more about the Warriors when Don Nelson set the wins record or Baron Davis led a No. 8 seed to a first-round playoff series victory than it is now. Hell, the Andrew Bogut injury this year had much more coverage.

11. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

In case anyone missed it, "See You Next Tuesday" is British (and apparently Aussie) slang. The way Bogut typed it makes it even more clear.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's used everywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted