1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to squander a huge advantage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by geddymurphy, Feb 28, 2011.

1. geddymurphy

geddymurphy Member

Pitt-Louisville, OT, Cardinals get a slam with less than a second left to go up five ... cheerleader grabs ball and tosses it up in celebration.

What's that? You want to see the video? With the aftermath and everything?

Let's check CBSSports.com. CBS broadcast the game, so they surely should have great video, right?

Here's the game report with nearly two minutes of highlights ... ending abruptly after the slam.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gametracker/recap/NCAAB_20110227_PITT@LOU/kuric-comes-through-in-ot-as-louisville-tops-pitt

Here's the weekend roundup, which links to ... a YouTube video that ends at pretty much the same place.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/14751762/weekend-look-back-cheerleader-goofs-fredette-does-opposite

That's it? That's all you're doing with something that ought to be one of the biggest viral videos of the week?

2. I'm confused as to why this should be a viral video.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Me too. It was part of every highlights package I saw.

4. geddymurphy

geddymurphy Member

And yet I couldn't find it on CBSSports.com, which should've had a field day with it.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What kind of advantage should CBS Sports have? It's a silly moment in a game.

6. geddymurphy

geddymurphy Member

What was Jim Marshall's nickname? Silly moments are part of sports folklore.

They had video of something you don't see very often. They didn't use it, at least not a clear view of it.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

A moment that, in the end, didn't matter.

Don't see what the big deal is, really.

Draft saved Draft deleted