1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to reinvent journalism?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by el penguino, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Any industry which doesn't mind outsourcing its jobs.

As low as it can go, Gannett's not going to set up shop in New Delhi and drop its American employees. And if it does, people will stop buying Gannett papers because the quality will dip too low.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

You ever worked in a textile mill? A foundry? A forge? A tannery? Ever set a brick or roof a house? Rough out a barn frame or run a dragline? Ever buck bales behind a combine? Ever worked a shovel for the county, or laid hot asphalt on a highway? Ever worked in a coal mine? Ever picked fruit or cotton? Ever worked in a slaughterhouse or a gravel pit? Ever worked on a tuna boat? Ever worked a refinery job? Or chip rust in a shipyard?

In short, have you ever done anything to earn a living but run your mouth and move your fingers?

3. BRoth

BRoth Member

A friend of mine just sent me this, in case anyone is interested in checking out what some people think about the "future" of the biz: http://www.j-lab.org/Journalism_20.pdf

It's a PDF book, just FYI.

Draft saved Draft deleted