1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to put my clips together

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by cincyjournalist33, Apr 8, 2014.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My sense is that there is still a bit of a "digital divide" on this. I was reading about a job fair where kids were told by their professor(s) to do physical clips and then most everyone wanted digital.

I think digital is the way to go.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Seems that way, Henry. But I've known some editors quite a bit older than myself who still preferred hard copy on everything. One guy would even print out emails he thought were important, because (he said) he didn't want the computer system to crash and lose something important.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I would scoff at that, but I've lost everything on a laptop once and a trove of "archived" emails another time, so I get it.

4. cincyjournalist33

cincyjournalist33 New Member

I apologize for not responding sooner. Just got done with finals, graduating, and all that jazz but I wanted to thank everyone who responded. It's been a big help!

5. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

Creating a PDF isn't always so easy. What if a former employer's website is tagged in a manner that makes creating a PDF virtually impossible? I've run into this problem recently and am currently unable to make a PDF of anything from my tenure there. Given it's a former employer, that has raised a pretty big problem in my current situation.

6. Decadent

Decadent New Member

It is possible to lose e-mails.

7. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

I'm certain most of you gave been waiting with baited breath to see what happened with my PDFs, well my sister came through and fixed my problem. So carry on. ;)

8. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

You'd do well at the Northeast Ohio Media Group. [/crossthread]

9. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

Not sure I get your point or joke.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=baited+breath

11. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

Typos happen.