1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to not properly vet interview subjects

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 17, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/gretchen-carlson-tries-to-salvage-incredibly-awkward-interview-with-former-obama-supporter/

There's obvious politics in it. Apologies. But it's really, really funny from a media angle and a pretty on-point commentary about cable news needing to fill time.

Fox & Friends put on an interview with a "former Obama supporter" who is now voting for Romney. He starts by greeting Gretchen Carlson as "Miss USA" (she corrects him that it was "Miss America"), he says he is voting for Romney because he lost a basketball game to his friend, and he generally gives off a stoned vibe before the interview is cut short.

Not unlike "Baby Booey!" Bartman.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I said Baba Booey, not Babu Bhat!

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I think this video shows what Sorkin was harping on in The Newsroom.
    The kid is a douche...but he proved a point.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I'm to the point now where every time I see a phone interview with some "witness" to a big event, I expect to hear some sort of Howard Stern reference. I'm disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted