1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to know you're raising a nerd, Part II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Faithful SportsJournalists.com readers might remember the story I told about my 5-year-old arguing with another kid at Chicago's Museum Science and Industry over whether the Star Wars pod racer on the other side of the glass was Sebulba's, and that my son was right that it was. That was Part I.

Part II happened this week. My 10-year-old son has been laid out with the flu, so he's had some time to do a bit of movie watching. I introduced him to one of my favorites, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which I've seen so much I can recite all the dialogue from memory, like every other Python nerd. Would my son follow in my footsteps?

Oh, hell yea. He's watched it, it seems, 20 times, and is constantly reciting dialogue. He's even watched some of the extras, like the Lego version of the song and dance at Camelot.

I'm shedding a tear of joy right now.

Ni!

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God, I so hope child protective service representatives don't read this board.

3. Congrats, Bob.

You've raised a dork.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Great news, Bob! Glad to hear things are going well :D

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, look on the bright side, Bob.

You don't have to worry about him knocking some girl up in high school.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or ever!

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Don't listen to the haters, Bob.

You done good. :)

8. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

My 11- and 8-year-old nieces say "It's only a flesh wound" after their tumbles on the soccer field, and yell, "Do you see him opressing me??!?" when my brother-in-law tries to get them to go to bed..

Nothing wrong with getting the kids started out right. Or with the "Spamalot" ad at the bottom of this page.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Just make sure you roll out "Life of Brian" when the time is right. Don't want them getting the good stuff too early.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I date dorks. There's hope for him yet.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Exactly.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

For next Christmas, you can get them Dungeons and Dragons cards, or dice, or whatever it is you people dork out with.

Draft saved Draft deleted