1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to fix economy: lower corporate taxes, higher taxes on the middle class

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 11, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

No, I actually think Rush and Hannity are simplistic idiots or frauds when they proceed from the assumption that everyone should be an entrepreneur. Limbaugh, having grown up in the midwest, should understand what has happened to small towns and midsized communities that had nothing to do with who was an entrepreneur.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Although I love to pound the drums for draconian defense cuts in between strumming verses of "Give Peace A Chance" and "Kumbayah" on the ukelele, another problem is that the bloated military budget also supports millions of jobs through direct personnel and contractors as well.

So if we chainsaw the military we are pouring millions more out of work. Maybe a new version of the CCC to rebuild and renovate infrastructure is the answer. But we can't do that cuz it's SOCILISM. Much better to let the billionaires take care of it. I am sure they will do all that stuff for a nominal profit.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

The last thing to stand in ancient Rome was the military even after the nation's infrastructure and moral compass were in shambles.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That was Rumsfeld's goal prior to 9/11.

With the advancements in drone technology, we probably can get closer to this while maintaining our current commitments.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Take away abortion & your opinion of gays, you're a lot closer to Starman than you'd probably like to admit.

Well, the anti Muslim stuff would have to be squared as well.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

I have no opinion on gays. It's gay marriage I have an opinion on.
    Muslims? Check.
    Abortion? Check.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Well obviously the only sane solution is to only tax those who are making less than $50,000. Everyone else, PARTTTTEEEE!!!!!

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

How would the Chinese get their soldiers to Japan? I don't think they have the capacity. And let's say they decided they wanted to invade Japan. Do you think they would build a bunch of boats that our missiles could sink. Or would they build missiles that could destroy Japan?

We are paying for 20th century armaments in the 21st century.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Let's just eliminate the middle class altogether, and just have the uber rich and the dirt poor. Then we can have our own version of Bastille Day.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, they should have some skin in the game too. ::)

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Rumsfeld talked about it then pushed ahead with an antiquated form of ground war on multiple fronts that he should have understood wouldn't work -- politically or economically -- based on our experience in Vietnam and the Russians' experience in Afghanistan, a 10-year quagmire that left a million people dead.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, he went with what he knew . . . always a way for old men to get into serious trouble.

Draft saved Draft deleted