1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to deal with fighting women drama

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, May 27, 2010.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

But you have to use your left hand, because if you don't, the hand you use will STILL always be right. :D ;D

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Blue font?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's not about lying.

In my experience, women want to vent and want you to listen to their complaints.

They don't want or need you to solve their problems. They can do that on their own.

They want you to support them and have their back, right or wrong.

If you start to play Devil's advocate or see the other person's point of view, you're just going to frustrate and anger them.

They just want you to listen & sympathize.

And I've learned this the hard way -- over multiple relationships.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Wow. Reading that story made me spontaneously turn gay...

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would ask your fiancee if she wants to kick the bridesmaid out of the wedding party. Because, other than that, it's all between them.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think a four-person sitdown <i>before</i> the wedding is a particularly good idea. That's always going to favor the person who called for it. It may come to that eventually, though. Good luck.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with getting both sides of a story, but consider this: You're bound to get that anyway through the normal course of a problem. You don't need to "extract" it like a journalist would a quote from a source. And certainly not from the girl you love.

And many women, in my experience, tend to ruminate enough to consider both sides. Better than men, anyway. By the time you actually hear the story, it's probably about the fourth version that's run through their heads.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Rhody, you should do what I do with my fiancee.

Tell her, quite simply, that you're a man and, as such, will never understand the stupidity of women.

She'll get upset with you and will ask you what you mean.

You then explain to her that the way guys handle this type of situation is for Guy No. 1 to say "Dude, what the fuck?" and Guy No. 2 to respond "Oh, my bad."

Boom. Problem solved.

And if she keeps asking for your option, repeat the above example until she gets the point.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Wait, what were they doing out of the kitchen in the first place?

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Just got home from my bachelor party. Me and my best man talked it out between us and while he wasn't super pumped about my fiancee shoving his wife, he's not mad at her and we both agree the two need to figure it out on their own. The ladies went out together last weekend while the boys were away and all was well, but no conversation.
    Now I am back to dealing with a bride-to-be freaking out that she's getting married in 11 days.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Ding! Lie to her, baby.

Draft saved Draft deleted