1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to deal with a breakup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedHotChiliPrepper, May 29, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Come to think of it, I did jump in my car. Drove eight hours and punched the asshole.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Several women apparently have figured out how

3. Flash

Flash Guest

It is called 'to jersey' an individual. And no, I did not. But his brother was watching and started laughing his ass off.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

That was a long time ago. And we're actually on speaking terms. I'm really good friends with her best friend from high school.

Plus I've been with a wonderful woman for four years.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Let me clear this up for you, IJAG.

You're a girl. He's a guy.

Two completely different ways of thinking about the friend-or-lay issue.

Girls have opposite-sex friends. Guys, as Chris Rock said, have female friends they haven't slept with yet. (By friends, I mean someone you could legitimately call a "best" friend.)

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm so hurt ;) :D :-*

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

:-[

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Men and women can't be friends because the sex part will always get in the way</harryburns>

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I had a friend who lived by that theory. The only reason he was able to consider me a 'friend' was because he was already married.
    I used to try to refute him. As I've grown and learned, I believe it to be true.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So I SHOULDN'T sleep with my male friends then?

I just figured that got that out of the way, and then I could figure out if they really wanted to be friends or not.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Whoa. Nice blanket statement.

A female friend and I had to endure some nasty rumors (poor kid ... being linked with me might be destroying her good name  :'().

We've never dated, though goodness knows enough people tried to link us somehow. The way I see it, if a relationship is meant to be, then one must be able to get along with the other's friends. Her dates and those who have become significant others have no problems with me - probably because I've never been considered even remotely a threat. She has a strong enough personality that I suspect that anyone who's dating her that has a problem with her friends will have a problem with her.

And no ... there won't be a Sea Bass-type ending here. Too much like siblings ... and we both know it.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The only benefit to having a female friend with whom I'm not having sex: I don't have to be nice to waiters when we're having dinner, on account of I'm not trying to impress her.

Draft saved Draft deleted