1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to deal with a breakup

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedHotChiliPrepper, May 29, 2006.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

Moddy is our leader for a reason. Moddy, I salute you.... 21-gun salute... You da man.

Seriously, some good advice - Listen to Garth Brooks's song "Unanswered Prayers" which will provide some perspective and a message of hope.

Other than that, I would say working out a lot is generally a good thing... that was what I did when I was between relationships before I met my current wife. Working out is good, because you burn off a lot of negative energy. More importantly than getting in better physical condition, a good benefit by itself, it helps get your mind in a better frame. It's the idea of doing things better. And if it's a gym where women are, that can be a way to kind of get back into things even if it's just talking and not going out with any of them.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A more appropriate song is Travis Tritt's "Here's A Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)."

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Dead on, Moddy.

We've all done it, but there is nothing worse than wallowing in self-pity over a breakup. Mourn the relationship, bury it and get past it. Don't hold everyone else up to some idealized memory of an ex. You found this one -- you'll find another (or 10 others) who are just as good or better.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Personally, I'm more of an Alanis fan when it comes to breakup music. All that anger on one track, followed by how much she's in love with her new guy on the next. Gets all the emotions out there.

I also recommend copious amounts of alcohol, but only while surrounded by friends. Works for me.

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I KNEW I'd get a good suggestion if I trolled this board long enough!

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Then may I recommend "Loving You's The Dumbest Thing I've Ever Done" by Reckless Kelly?

http://www.desolation-angel.com/lyrics/stubbs.htm#hidden

:D

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Along the Alanis lines, "Untouchable Face" by Ani DiFranco is great for either a breakup or unrequited crushes.

8. sportschick

Those lyrics are awesome!

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The mods got rid of the girl wearing workout clothes?

Dang - and I had finally found something in a sportschick/flash thread I liked! :-\

10. sportschick

Poin, that wasn't this thread. That was the fairy tale thread.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/27404/

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm an idiot.

12. sportschick

And just for you, here's the workout girl.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted