1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to cover the A-Rod/C-Rod/Madonna/Lenny story

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Jul 3, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Derek Jeter's former flames include Mariah Carey, Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Vanessa Minnillo, Adriana Lima and Jordana Brewster, least among the famous ones.

2. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

What makes those women unique is that they were all babies when Madonna released "Like a Virgin."

3. sportschick

Not Mariah. She's older than I am.

4. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Kind of forget how old Mariah is.

Still, Jeter wasn't chasing after any Kaballah-practicing cougars.

5. sportschick

I'm not sure that A-Rod actually chasing Madonna. I wouldn't be surprised it was all a big stunt to disguise the end of two high-profile marriages.

6. sportschick

Dead. To. Me!!!!!!!!

7. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Could be. I tend not to believe most celebrity rumors, mostly because I don't know the names of very many celebrities. Hell, baseball players don't have time to date during the season.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Who said anything about DATING?!

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So proud to say I knew only of Mariah Carey in that grouping

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Would readership (and hence advertising) then be dropping at print publications the way it is?

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It was news then, it's news now. Please let's not pretend these stories are 'beneath' anyone. There are plenty of box scores out there for people who just want the game data.

Professional sports is entertainment, not because of the media, but because the leagues and the players want it that way. ARod has been photographed how many times with different women, clearly he doesn't care about the exposure. You want privacy, stay at home.

I'm more confused about the Mrs Arod/Kravitz angle here. She just had a baby two months ago, not the most provocative and sexy time in a woman's life. Hard to believe she's already canoodling with a rock star.

To College Journalist, who I hope is still in college so he can finish his education: The Arod coverage doesn't replace the quest to solve the Yankees' payroll issues. This is a separate story. Folks who don't care won't read it, but it's a safe bet they're reading it.

Draft saved Draft deleted