1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to call someone out ... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DrownedRedneck, Sep 25, 2008.

1. DrownedRedneck

DrownedRedneck New Member

xxx

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is the dude really deaf? Is it possible he was in the paralympics?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Seriously? This is published in a newspaper in freaking Guyana and you are bent out of shape? Unless you work either there or lost to him in a wrestling match, why do you give a flip?

Maybe their high standards of journalism will prevent more articles about this guy from appearing in the New York Times of South America.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

So, did he beat you with an arm bar or a split crotch?

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Why? If some dude wants to lie about getting tea-bagged continually...well, live and let live.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

so you did an article on him being a wrestler and didn't bother to talk to anyone on the wrestling team before you published it?

7. TheSportsPredictor

If the papers want to run one-source stories without checking facts, this is the risk they take.

Somehow I've missed how this guy has brought about the demise of the industry with his sordid tale, but I don't catch everything.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

really, dog? you're going to come here, ask a question and then start shit if you don't get the answers you want?

play nice, jackie.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Outstanding close to that article. I think it was Benjamin Franklin's quote this references:

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I think you and the deaf guy should settle this...IN THE CAGE!

Seriously though, I'd suggest calling the papers who ran with his story...maybe they'll do a follow-up and get the ball rolling.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you ever see story on the due, contact the newspaper and point out the errors and let them deal with it.

Unless you follow the guy around with a sign, what else can you do. And you don't need to be "tactful" just provide a link to the USA wrestling roster and a contact at the college if they feel compelled to check up on their incredibly shoddy reporting.

12. TheSportsPredictor

I would call every newspaper in existence and warn them about this guy.

Either that or get over it. But I'm not sure which one will be easier for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted