1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the Michael Richards interview on Letterman happened

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Nov 22, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

For some reason, I thought of this just now, and was wondering about something.

It's been more than two years.

Lester's not the only one I remember who felt that they couldn't enjoy Richards in the same way anymore.

Has time tempered that feeling, or have people still lost the ability to laugh at Michael Richards?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i would have been more impressed if he would have interviewed bret michaels.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Richards is going to be on Curb Your Enthusiasm this season. The entire Seinfeld cast is appearing on one episode.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

This is more than two years old, so make mine a double ... LOL LOL.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never lost the ability to laugh at Richards. I think he's an incredibly gifted physical actor -- both in action and timing. Nothing he could say could change my opinion of what he did on a show 10-20 years ago.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Maybe the question shouldn't be "can we laugh at Michael Richards?" Maybe the question should be "can we laugh with him?" Or "are we laughing at him for a different reason now than we were over two years ago?"

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I think funny is funny. I thought he was funny on Seinfeld. As ugly as the scene was at the Comedy Club, it didn't make Kramer any less funny to me.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

He was on TMZ a few weeks back (LAY OFF ME!!). He was wearing a hat and sunglasses (I think sunglasses) and nothing about his appearance said "Michael Richards." No idea how the TMZ guy recognized him. He looked so sad.

More than two years later, Lester is still right: Richards still has no idea what happened. All he knows is he's finished and the first line of his obituary will have nothing to do with Cosmo Kramer.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He was also great as Stanley Spudowski in UHF.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And Beach in Airheads.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Come on.

"Michael Richards died today. He hated black people."

Had he died the week that happened, I'd agree. Now? No. He's now "the guy from Seinfield, who, wait, didn't he do something really stupid a few years ago?"

Draft saved Draft deleted