1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the hell is Steve McNair on the bubble?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by London Calling, Aug 10, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bubs, I love you, but mock not the Chicago dog.

They're fantastic.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't eat my hot dogs with all that shit on them. Mustard, onion, celery salt. Hell, I eat them plain (the Kosher ones) at Wrigley Field.

Hot dogs? You're coming at Chicago with hot dogs, skyscrapers and expressways?

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, Bubs.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I would have brought a gun, but I couldn't see it. It had "neon relish" on it.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

NO EFFIN' WAY!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

(on mcnair and the hof)

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This guy would like a word with you, Bubbler:

[​IMG]

And Doc, he puts on of yours in the hospital, you put one of his in the morgue.

That's the Chicago way.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

As an Oilers-Titans fan, I can say that Warren Moon was a HOFer. I'm not sure I can say the same for Steve McNair. I wanted to support him, but the numbers don't lie. There are 15 non-HOFers ahead of him in career passer rating. Of that group, only three are locks to make it. Culpepper, Trent Green and Rich Gannon likely compare well statistically, but none of that bunch deserves a seat in the HOF.

I'll guarantee you he was one of the toughest QBs ever to play because I watched him pull himself off the ground time and again. He played with broken ribs and all sorts of injuries.

And I'll have you know that an Oilers-Titans fan has suffered more than almost any football fan. We watched Buffalo come back from a 35-3 deficit to win. They now refer to that as the greatest comeback in NFL history. We also watched our receiver come up a yard short of tying the Super Bowl on the last play of the fourth quarter. Lots of folks consider that the greatest Super Bowl in NFL history. Absolutely gut-wrenching stuff, and that's just the top of the list.

Now that you mention it, I think we should get to pick a few HOFers as a consolation prize.

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I never really bought into the McNair toughness thing. Sure he's tough -- you have to be tough to play quarterback in the NFL. But the fact that it was always a story with him, at some point you have to wonder if maybe he's not that tough if how hurt he is is always a topic. I can't say that he necessarily was always touting that he was playing through pain, but then again how could anyone else know? Being injury-proned and then playing through it doesn't really make you tough.

I just got tired of always hearing about what a warrior he was. Did he take anymore/worse hits than the average NFL QB? Not in my mind. So if you're injured don't play; and if you aren't, just shut up and play.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

McNair actually delivered hits where most quarterbacks slide into the turf or run out of bounds. I recall him plowing directly into linebackers when he needed to get a yard. The seriousness of his injuries was often obvious because of the hits he took. It was his style of play, not a proneness to injury, that left him limping and so forth.

Draft saved Draft deleted