1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the hell is Steve McNair on the bubble?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by London Calling, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

who cares what ESPN thinks.

They are usually wrong.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I see an argument that you take Peyton away from the Colts, who do they have, but they had Edge, Harrison, Stokely, and others. Take Lewis away from the Ravens, Poe is drinking himself to death again.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That explains why Scoop is on its payroll...

4. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Actually, a Co-MVP with Manning, and that was one of the more questionable MVPs ever handed out. As I recall, Manning clearly had the superior season under any objective analysis and probably shouldn't have had to share it that year.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Colts had a better record (12-4 to 10-6) and went further than the Ravens in the playoffs, all the way to the AFC Championship Game, while Baltimore was ousted in the first round. I'm sure that played into the decision. Besides, how often is it that a running back beats out a quarterback, anyway?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I knew it was a co-MVP, I just forgot with who. And Terrell Davis would be in the Hall had his career lasted longer. It's the same reason Priest Holmes won't make it to Canton. You still can't deny that he was a tremendous player until injuries cut short his career. And Gannon was a flash in the pan; McNair has had a solid, steady career with plenty of team success and a few bouts with brilliance. There are worse guys in the Hall than McNair.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Because there are other mistakes doesn't mean they should make another one.

A "solid, steady career with plenty of team success and a few bouts with brilliance" says Bernie Kosar is an HoFer.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Kosar never even made a Super Bowl. Horse Face saw to that.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That wasn't part of your equation.

McNair was an above-average quarterback with versatility. Doesn't make him a Hall of Famer, IMO.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I guess we'll agree to disagree. And McNair has a few years left; at least two.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I can't imagine he'll improve, though, I guess is my point. To me, his apex was in the past...so if he hasn't earned it by now, I can't see him doing it.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

McNair is not a Hall of Famer. He didn't deserve that co-MVP either. He's a hell of a gamer, and he's still getting mileage today from the Sean Salisburys and John Maddens of the world for going through a season in which he played every week but never practiced. Doc, solid and steady is right. But aside from his run with the Titans in 99, he's never lived up to the hype. And at this point, he's not even in the top half of NFL QBs. Solid and steady for sure. But even for the watered-down NFL Hall of Fame, that's not enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted