1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How small is too small?????

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by chazp, Apr 17, 2007.

1. chazp

chazp Active Member

I was looking at the latest circulation figures from the state press association and noticed one weekly paper that has only 792 paid subscribers. On the opposite end, we have a few weeklies in our state with 10,000+ subscribers. How in the hell do they keep the doors open. Who would want to advertise with them? This paper lists a publisher, ME, SE, but no other staff members. This paper was listed last year with more than 1,200 subscribers. Is this a trend in your state that some of the smaller papers are losing readers like this? Are community newspapers in your states growing or losing? Many new ones started in the past year?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Q: How small is too small?????

A: Is it in yet?

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I've noticed taht most community papers are doing well. The paper you're writing about must suck.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Five inches or so . . . Oh, that's not what you were talking about.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i knew chicks were lying!! :mad: :'( :eek:

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

Hey, wait a minute, I thought women always say size doesn't matter. Are you telling us they're lying?

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I think what they say is its girth, if you have ever seen that movie with Cameron Diaz when they are in the Chinese restaurant. Can't remember the name of it, but it's a great scene.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

That sound you just heard was SportsJournalists.com Man Nation scrambling for rulers.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

and of sportschick laughing. ;D ;D ;D

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You have no idea . . .

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

i knew you were thoroughly enjoying this... 8) 8) 8)

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted