1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old were you when you got married?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Dec 29, 2018.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Married at 25, just celebrated our 16th anniversary in October.

Didn’t have the kiddo until we were 35.

Haven’t thought much about waiting to get married later. We got engaged in late 2000 and didn’t marry for another two years, so we kicked the can down the road for a while on that anyhow.
    We were both immaturish, but we had fun being that way.
    I have stuck to my attitude that if I was given the opportunity and ‘do things over’ I wouldn’t have had a child, but that’s mainly because we had 10ys under our belt together and we liked it.
    But we have adjusted our life since him and we love our life now (I work from home, she has a great job that is a 5-minute drive away and we see each other every night vs. me working nights and weekends and seeing each other about one night a week), but I would be interested to know how things would look if it was just us two and a dog or two.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I got her a piano for our ninth anniversary and a monster floor loom for our 10th.

What the fuck am I going to come up with for our 50th? On the bright side, I'll be 97, so I'll probably forget it anyway.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The first time, 26 ... divorced at 30.
    The right time, 33 ... 14 years and going strong.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Chef checking in from the official Cornfield County salutin’ cornfield.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted