1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old were you when you got married?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Dec 29, 2018.

1. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I was 23-years-old when I got married. I’m still with my wife, and still in love with her, however, we have both discussed together that if we had to do it again, we would have waited a few more years(we’re both the same age).

How old were you when you got married, and if you could do it all over again, would you do it at the same stage of your life or wait a little?

Same with children. Unfortunately, we cannot have any.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

47 and still un-

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

47. Celebrated 10-year anniversary last Saturday.

John B. Foster likes this.
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

40. Had first child at 45.

YankeeFan and John B. Foster like this.
  5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

58 and JR was 69. Probably won't have kids. ;)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Was 31 when I got married, which was just about the right time. I don’t think I was mature enough earlier — almost got married at 24 or so, which would have been a disaster.

We waited a few years to try to have kids because we wanted to travel and both of our careers were very busy. Ended up having kids at 35 and 38 which was old than I would have thought in my mind when I was younger, but was right for us. We were pretty clueless with our first, but I think that would have been true 10 years earlier or later

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was 29 about to turn 30. I was at the right place in my life for sure.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

33 and kids at 36&38. I proposed to my wife after 3 weeks and married 7 mos later; now we’re going 23 yrs strong.

Now I’d like to be younger w my kids but I wasn’t mature enough. Blows me away, when my mom was my age now, I was already out of law school 3yrs.

Flip Wilson and John B. Foster like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

35, and 43. Glad I waited on both counts. I graduated from college a week before my dad's 50th birthday. My son was just about ready to start first grade on my 50th birthday.

YankeeFan and John B. Foster like this.
  10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Married at 36 and wife delivered our daughter when I was 40. In my early 30s I decided I'd never get married. Then the right person came along. Funny how that happens. I never felt I was too old when my daughter was growing up. But, during all of her group ventures -- soccer, girls scouts, volleyball -- I was the oldest parent.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was married at 27. I was 31 when our daughter was born. I'd happily do both at the same stage in my life again if I had the chance to do it all over again.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Married at 27 and again at 42. I was 46 when we adopted an 8 year old boy. I was often the oldest parent, which was fine. I even wrote about some of my son’s friend’s parents and teachers when they played high school sports.

The plan with Wife 1 was to have a child in 1990, which never happened. It’s odd to think I would have a 28 years old now.

Draft saved Draft deleted