1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old is your spouse compared to you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I can relate to this. My gf of 15.5 years (yes, I found someone who can stand me) is 12 years older. She tells a story about getting tear gassed in her freshman year at College Park during the Vietnam War, and I like to point out that I was in first grade. Sounds pervy.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Pedophilia's never bothered you before.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Radiohead video Songbird posted on another thread would be very appropriate right now.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Or maybe a Rockwell video.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm 11 years younger than JR which we joke about a lot (right, Huggy?). I look pretty young for my age so I tell him he can just tell people I'm his trophy girlfriend.

YankeeFan, Huggy and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Methuselah is younger than JR and yes the old man - like me - vastly outkicked his coverage.

YankeeFan and HC like this.
  7. Vombatus

Jared was in the news again this week. And a 16 year old accuser, who was 14 at the time of her initial Jared interactions, will be on the Dr. Phil show this coming Thursday. So, that's why I brought it up.

I generally don't get lost, either. I am very situationally aware and also have GPS.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm a couple days shy of being four months older than Mrs. S. However, she was two years behind me in school because she didn't have the greatest childhood while growing u p.

9. Vombatus

Is this a WT-JC fight, or a WT-VB tussle?

I've said it before - let's have some fun and lighten up. It's just a message board.

cjericho likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's based on horseshit data, if that makes you feel better.

The age gap, or lack thereof, didn't even crack the top 20 reasons for each of my divorces.

dixiehack and YankeeFan like this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think she's seven years younger.

JackReacher likes this.
  12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I am 45 days older than Mrs. Chiquet.

I thank my job for helping us last 13-plus years. There is no way in hell she would have put up with me this long if not for the fact that I only see her two nights a week and a few hours in the morning/afternoon on the weekends! LOL

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted