1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old is your spouse compared to you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I know how old Jared Fogle wants his wife to be. 16, or younger, the better.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My wife of (now) 24 years is a couple of weeks more than three years older. For two weeks every year, she's four years older.

She looks WAY the hell younger than me, though.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Write Thinking likes this

Dick Whitman likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

^5 for appreciating (slightly) older women.

My wife is three years and three weeks older than I am. That brief period of her being four years older definitely makes her very happy about my birthday.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

My wife is 4-1/2 years younger. We went to the same high school but not at the same time. We had met at a party but at that time I was a senior in college and she was a senior in high school. That is a huge gap. Met again 15 years later and that same age gap was no big deal. Married 27 years.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mrs. Batman is five years older.
    I'll occasionally reference some kid thing I enjoyed growing up, like Transformers, and she'll just shake her head and remark that she was one of the cool kids out drinking and smoking by then.
    Still, 8 1/2 years of wedded bliss, so we must be doing something right.

7. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I'm nine months younger than Mrs. Monkey

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Mrs. OOP just shakes her head at some of the kid stuff I enjoy now, but that has worked for 16 years of marriage, so I guess we're doing something right as well. :D

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter the age difference between spouses as long as your mistress is at least 10 years younger.

10. Vombatus

My monkey is the exact same age as me.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I read a study that suggested when the man in the marriage is 6-7 years older than the woman, statistically speaking, that's the sweet spot for success.

That's what we have.

12. Vombatus

Hell yeah! And I would add: mature and smart enough to know her place and keep her mouth shut, and not be named Monica.

Draft saved Draft deleted