1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How old is too old to rock?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's for sure.

Plus, Grace is like 71 now and probably should have retired in about 1970.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. The presence of Night Ranger in a thread about great rock 'n' roll is something you wouldn't expect.

3. dooley_womack1

The big question: Does Billy Squier still prance at 60?

4. oxfordcrowe

oxfordcrowe Member

As for the crowes, you saw the Warpaint show. Not a good measure of where the guys are in terms of a live rock show. I've seen them 16 times, twice this year and have listened to countless live shows. They are the best live show going today and sadly it is coming to an end with an indefinite hiatus. But on this last tour, fans have been treated to three hour sets, one accoustic, one electric and they have been absolutely amazing. I saw them in Nashville at the Ryman in September and was hands down the best show that I have ever seen.

5. dooley_womack1

The ideas of the Black Crowes aging is hard to handle

6. oxfordcrowe

oxfordcrowe Member

Well played.

7. oxfordcrowe

oxfordcrowe Member

But they are wiser for the time.

8. dooley_womack1

The newbie is a natural post padder

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've seen a few bands in their later years I never got to see when they were "hot." The price was right, the set list was good and the band seemed to appreciate still being able to perform in front of an audience.
    When they start putting the lyrics of their most famous songs on teleprompters (like Sinatra in his later years) only then is it time to hang them up.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I was complimenting them. They seem like a band that has really understood how to age gracefully. Of course, they were 21 going on 50 when they first broke.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As long as Billy Squier remembers how to masturbate, he'll never be short of topic matter for his songs.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"In the old days I used to rock and roll all night and party every day...then it was every other day.....Now I'm lucky to find half an hour a week in which to get funky!"

Draft saved Draft deleted